Where to Buy UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT for 2023
NEC released their UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT product line in mid 2020 and it has taken the cloud telephony industry by storm, especially the core on-premise PBX users that were more skeptical of “the cloud”.
Reasons for this growth focus around the rapid development of the features traditional PBX users have grown to love such as:
- The ‘night mode’ button to override the calling any time of day
- Advanced hunt groups for more control when routing calls
- Full call reporting for user analytics and better troubleshooting capabilities
To navigate the concern regarding the cloud for some users, NEC has ensured that the backbone of their services alongside Intermedia are as reliable as possible, with a 99.999% certified uptime, which translates to roughly 8 hours and 45 minutes a year at most regarding downtime.
You can’t purchase UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT direct from NEC
NEC don’t sell directly to end users. Navigating to the NEC America or UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT websites will only yield demonstrations or connections to dealers. You can only buy UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT from an NEC dealer.
For a company to sell CONNECT products and services, they have to qualify as a partner, go through training, and pass certification tests. NEC prefer to use local dealerships to sell and service their product lines, which provides a wide network of labour resources, marketing, and a local touch to service and troubleshooting.
How to Find a Local Dealer
If you have come this far, you have done a great job, as you have already found one – us! Based in Prince George, we serve all of western Canada for UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT and have a network of technicians throughout the region.
Learn more about our story here:
If you would like to find NECs network of approved dealers, you can get in touch with them directly and NEC will connect you with your nearest geographical dealer.
Things to Consider
Be sure to do your homework before signing up to cloud-based phone services. Things you should know and check includes:
- Not all NEC dealers are certified on all products such as the SV series, the SL series, and UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT phone systems.
- Your internet connection plays a huge role in determining the quality of calls. Good internet will boast better quality and functionality over a regular plain old telephone line but bad internet will be worse. It’s not always speed we’re looking for (although it helps), it’s stability. Any NEC dealer should be capable of running a VoIP scout test to check your connection prior to setting up the cloud phone system.
- Stay compliant: If you are in healthcare, legal, or other field, make sure when browsing cloud services that your information stays in your own county and is secure when using that service.
Support across dealerships will vary. Some companies provide on-site support and setup, others will ship you desk phones and send links with setup instructions for both the phones and apps. It’s important to see what the dealer you are talking to provides as part of the service.
For ourselves, as an example, we typically recommend on-site support and we find a Do Tel approved telecom technician in your area if in a different part of the country. We also offer remote support too for a lower setup fee. Other dealerships may only do one or the other, so be sure to note that prior to accepting a quote.
What to Expect
As we mentioned, the UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT lineup offers cloud but with the functionality of an on-premise system. So what will the experience be like for users, and what should you expect the installation to be like?
Here’s a video demonstrating the functionality of the system:
As for installation, this is a typical chart displaying what the process looks like for setup and installation from ordering:
Schedule a Demo
We offer free demonstrations of Univerge Blue Connect for anyone interested in seeing what the system is fully capable of. Schedule yours below.
Please include: Name, Email, and product for demonstration